Cryolipolysis is a revolutionary body sculpting treatment that offers an alternative to traditional surgical methods like liposuction. At PHI Clinic, we use CoolSculpting by Zeltiq, which has a 70% satisfaction rating on Realself.com for targeted fat reduction with minimal downtime.
We came up with our 10 tips for on body sculpting treatment with CoolSculpting here:
Body Sculpting Treatment
1. Make sure to wear loose, comfortable clothing, and be aware that during treatment we apply a gel to the area, which may get on clothes or underwear, depending upon the area being targeted. Because of this, we recommend wearing lounging clothes and underwear, just in case.
2. Don’t forget to eat before your treatment – we recommend having a light meal.
3. Bring something to keep you occupied throughout treatment – some people bring books, iPads, or even work to do to stay entertained. Treatment time has been reduced to just 35 minutes in some cases, but can be as long as 3 hours, therefore we would still always advice bringing some entertainment while the device is working.
4. Be aware that our clinicians will take pictures of your area of concern before your first CoolSculpting session in order to track the effects of treatment over time.
5. If possible, avoid taking blood thinners in the week leading up to treatment, as these will make you more susceptible to bruising. This includes medications and supplements like aspirin, fish oil, and St. John’s Wort. This can be discussed within your consultation, and we would always recommend talking to your GP if you are unsure about anything.
Body Sculpting Treatment Results
6. Try to avoid damaging the skin in the area you wish to target, as CoolSculpting treatments involve massage and suction, which can worsen cuts or bruises. If you do have damage in the area, our clinicians may recommend postponing treatment.
7. Avoid sun exposure to the target area, as a tan is a form of damage to the skin and can make it more sensitive during treatment.
8. Follow a healthy, balanced diet in the lead up to treatment, as a healthy body can heal and show results in a more timely manner than an unhealthy one.
9. Your clinician may recommend that you stop smoking a week before your CoolSculpting session, as chemicals in cigarettes can delay the body’s healing processes.
10. Don’t expect to see results overnight! Coolsculpting can take up to three weeks to see a difference, and around 6 months to see your final results. This will vary from person to person though, so we would always recommend that you see your clinician for follow up appointments to track your progress and that you follow your treatment plan through to its completion.
Target stubborn pockets of fat
Cryolipolysis is not suitable as an alternative to weight loss, but instead should be used to target stubborn pockets of fat that have not been shifted by traditional weight loss techniques alone. We always advise that every patient who undergoes CoolSculpting should continue with a healthy, balanced diet and exercise regime following treatment, as though fat cells in the area are gone permanently, other cells can still expand when weight is put on.
For more information about CoolSculpting success, contact us at the clinic on email@example.com or 0207 034 5999.