Value for Money
On the blue moon occasion that you’ve splashed the cash and indulged in a little TLC, it’s important to feel as though you’ve got your money’s worth. And too right – you’ve worked hard for it! So it stands to reason that when considering cosmetic treatment you would like to know how long the results will be visible for. Indeed, one of the most common questions we hear at PHI is “How long do dermal fillers last?”
How long do dermal fillers last? Here is the DL on HA.
- HA stands for Hyaluronic Acid, but far from being as scary as it sounds, it is in fact a naturally-occurring molecule within the body. This is great because it means the dermal fillers are not made up of a foreign product, and they allow for natural-looking results.
- When the HA is in the deeper structures, it works to hydrate the skin and add volume by attracting and retaining water. Although our bodies naturally produce HA for this reason, its ability to do so diminishes as we age. Hence why our skin is elastic and plump in our youth, and starts to lose structure in our prime.
- Because HA is a naturally-occurring product, the body’s immune system will, naturally, break it down over time. However, the scientists of the leading HA-based dermal fillers, Allergan, have worked on the molecular chains of the HA which make up the various Juvéderm® products to allow for subtle results with longevity.
- How long do dermal fillers last? Generally speaking, HA-based dermal fillers can last anything between 12-18 months, though there is precedence of them lasting as long as 24 months from the VYCROSS® range. Depending on the individual’s metabolism, the longevity of results vary.
- Because these types of dermal fillers are not permanent, patients remain to have control over their looks. If you do not like the result for whatever reason, they can be reversed with a dissolving agent which breaks down the dermal filler there and then. ‘Permanent fillers’ can only be removed with surgery.
If you would like more information about the dermal fillers we use at PHI Clinic, or would like to schedule an appointment with one of our leading injecting doctors, please do not hesitate to contact us on 0207 034 5999. You can also find more FAQs on our Instagram “Dermal Filler FAQs” highlight!