The Male Groom Boom has been an increasing trend over the past few years, and more clinics are starting to see male patients coming through their doors for skin and body treatments but particularly treatments to prevent hair loss.
GWI’s report across several core markets showed that the number of men interested in cosmetic products had risen by 3% between 2018 and 2021 and continues to grow. A common and yet unspoken about topic, is the rise in men but also women who are seeking treatment for hair loss and whilst we don’t offer a surgical solution for this at PHI Clinic, we can advise prevention methods.
What Causes Hair Loss?
We lose between 50 to 100 strands of hair daily without noticing. Whilst losing hair daily is normal and nothing to worry about, occasionally there may be a sign of a medical condition or cases of temporary hair loss. Factors that contribute towards temporary hair loss are:
- Undergoing medical treatment (For instance, cancer treatment)
- Weight loss
- Iron deficiency
- Strain on a certain area (this could be a very tight pony tail that may have caused strain on the area)
It’s important to seek medical attention if you are concerned by discussing with your GP, the potential cause to your hair loss in order to determine the best course of treatment for you.
Ways To Prevent Hair Loss
- Quit smoking – A 2020 studyTrusted Source of 1,000 men found that the majority of those who smoked had some amount of loss, compared with less than half of the participants who did not smoke.
- Scalp massages – Not only does everyone love a head massage, but they may also help with losing hair. By massaging the scalp, this can stimulate the hair follicles.
- Balanced/nutritious diet – In particular, it is important to introduce iron-rich foods, foods high in protein and foods enriched in Omega and try to limit your intake of sweets and saturated fats.
- Reduce stress levels – there are many ways people can relax and try to reduce stress levels, for instance, listening to music, reading a book, regular exercise and getting enough sleep.
PHI Clinic London
Whilst PHI Clinic do not have non-surgical treatments to treat hair loss, it is important to seek attention from your local GP or a hair loss expert if concerned about the targeted area.
To book a consultation with one of our practitioners for any other treatments, call us on 0207 034 5999. Alternatively, to keep up to date with everything here at PHI, follow us on Instagram and Facebook!