Despite being one of the most prominent cosmetic procedures performed globally, anti-wrinkle injections cause quite a storm amongst the media. But are there any side effects of Botox treatment? And how safe is it for patients undergoing cosmetic work?
As is the case with most service-based industries, the results achieved are only as good as the person delivering them, and the quality of the products that are used.
To ensure you get the best possible result, do your research on the following:
- Ask what practitioner will be performing your treatment
- Ask how much experience they have, what qualifications they have and the frequency they perform the treatment you are interested in
- Check whether your practitioner is registered with the GMC or NMC
- Go to a practice that is registered with the Care Quality Commission (CQC)
- Ask what product is used at the clinic
- Ask to see before and after images of the practitioner’s work
These steps help reduce the risk of encountering abnormal side effects to botulinum toxin. However, with any treatment there are some common effects associated.
Common Side Effects of Botox Include:
- Mild bruising and swelling from the injection point
- Pinprick bleeding
- Temporary headache
These are normal reactions to treatment, as the skin’s barrier is penetrated by the needle. These side effects should subside after a day or two, and can be masked by makeup.
Treatment at PHI Clinic
At PHI Clinic, we have some of the UK’s leading injectors, including Dr Tapan Patel. Not only do they aim to achieve natural-looking results, they work with the individual ratios and features to draw up bespoke treatment plans and to deliver sophisticated treatment.
Using the best and most advanced product on the market, Botox® by Allergan, PHI Clinic ensures patient safety is upheld throughout the treatment process and thereafter.
In order to receive the optimum result, it is essential that you follow aftercare instructions set out by your practitioner. For example, it is advisable to avoid over-exertion for at least 48 hours to avoid the product migrating. Hot baths, swimming and steam rooms are also prohibited within this time frame. PHI Clinic offers round-the-clock care for patients, with easy access to our in-house administrative team.
To discuss muscle relaxing injections further, or to schedule a consultation, please call us on 0207 034 5999 today.