Drooping Mouth Corners
Introduction To Drooping Mouth Corners
We’ve all been accused of our resting (B****) faces not necessarily telling a true tale of how we feel, as drooping mouth corners can make us look sad, tired or just plain angry.
But what causes them? Sagging skin on the mouth corners is caused by a set of muscles in the jaw called depressor anguli oris (DAO). These muscles run from the corners of the lips down to the chin and can create a tired and aged appearance for most. The natural loss in volume in the cheeks and lateral sides of the face as we age, can also create the affects of drooping corners.
Book a consultation to start your tailored treatment plan with our skilled injectable team.Book consultation
- Ageing. The natural ageing process, which results in the natural loss of collagen and elastin, proteins that control how plump and firm skin is. As these deteriorate, skin can sag or look lax, which, especially around the mouth, can lead this concern.
- Smoking accelerates the natural ageing process, restricting blood flow to the top layer of skin, depleting vitamins and nutrients, and actively destroying collagen to affect the skin’s ability to “bounce back” from facial expressions as it is looser or saggier.
- Genetics can also play a part in how the mouth looks, generally being passed from mother to daughter and father to son.
- Botox injections can be used to relax the muscles around the mouth preventing repetitive movement from dragging the lip corners downwards.
- Dermal filler provides structural support to the cheek and jawline to help ‘lift’ and rejuvenate the area.
Treatments available for Drooping Mouth Corners
Botox is a quick, safe and non-invasive injectable treatment which smooths wrinkles, rebalances facial features, lifts sagging and creates a younger, more refreshed look.
At PHI Clinic, we are proud to provide the best Botox® treatment in London. We offer safe and effective botulinum toxin anti-wrinkle injections performed by our highly-experienced medical practitioners.
Botox is the original and most extensively studied anti-wrinkle injection on the market, trusted by millions...Read on Book consultation
Press & Media
"Very, very good," says the publisher. " Quick, give me his number before the piece goes to press."
Four weeks ago, I found myself on a couch in a Harley Street clinic, a doctor marking up my face with a Sharpie, indicating the places he was about to inject with filler.
With over 14 years experience in cosmetic dermatology, Dr Tapan Patel is live in the studio to tell us what to look out for.