Why Hair Removal Laser Outweighs Waxing And Shaving
The beauty industry is constantly updating their offerings to provide products for a hair free solution to unwanted body hair. When you think of hair removal, naturally we think of waxing, shaving and threading but hair removal laser treatments are vast becoming a top hair free solution.
How Does Hair Removal Laser Work?
Laser hair removal eliminates at least 90% of hair growth after a number of sessions. Unlike waxing and shaving that removes visible hairs above the skin, light energy from lasers penetrates beneath the skin. The beam of light is enough to eliminate the follicular ‘bulb’ commonly known as the root of the hairs, with the surrounding tissues remaining unharmed and unaffected.
Benefits Of Laser Hair Removal
- Visible results over a period of time/sessions
- Reduction in ingrown hairs
- Convenient and cost effective
What Should I Expect From Treatment?
Results aren’t permanent but in some cases, results can last up to two years. You will notice smoother skin after the procedure but maintenance sessions may be required. If patients have thick and coarse hair, any hairs that grow back after treatment are often noticeably finer, lighter and less noticeable.
How Should I Prepare For Treatment?
- It’s important to shave the treatment area no later than 24 hours before treatment. Do not wax, pluck or thread the area, strictly shave.
- Avoid direct sunlight to the area for a minimum 2-4 weeks before treatment and protect the skin with sunscreen if necessary.
- For 24 hours post treatment, avoid shaving, waxing or plucking the hair, excessive sweating, swimming or saunas and tight restrictive clothing.
- Avoid direct sunlight for a minimum of 2-4 weeks to protect the skin and maintain results.
Book Treatment With PHI Clinic
Like all of our treatments, laser hair removal requires a consultation with one of our clinicians prior to treatment to assess the areas of concern, how many sessions will be needed and to determine an accurate price for treatment.
To book a consultation, call us on 0207 034 5999 and check us out on social media to stay updated on everything going on at PHI Clinic.