Facial thread veins are tiny blood vessels which lie just below the epidermis. They look like fine red or occasionally purple or blue lines. They appear when the smaller capillaries become enlarged which results in the veins appearing to be broken. The medical term for thread veins is telangiectasia. This condition can develop in anyone at any age and fortunately, we can treat face veins most effectively.
What Causes Face Veins?
There are a number of ways to treat face veins, but what causes them?
- Overexposure to the sun – Overexposure to UVA rays can cause the collagen in your skin to break down and weaken the tiny blood vessels, this results in the skin becoming less elastic and the tissues become weaker, making the epidermis more susceptible.
- Drastic changes in weather – This can affect the circulation in the body, causing the skin in the face to flush. The blood vessels may burst, resulting in facial thread veins.
- Excessive alcohol consumption – Alcohol can dilate the blood vessels temporarily and drinking alcohol frequently may lead to longer-lasting broken blood vessels and redness on the face.
- Hormonal changes – during pregnancy, hormonal changes may also cause thread veins although pregnancy-related broken veins usually disappear after giving birth.
- Sudden changes in pressure – such as severe vomiting or sneezing.
- Genetics – People whose family members experience thread veins are more likely to have them, too.
How We Treat Face Veins at PHI
At PHI Clinic we pride ourselves on our high standards of continual training and showcasing the latest and best devices on the market. When it comes to treating facial thread veins the new Excel V+ is on the cutting edge of innovation, boasting lasting results and patient comfort.
The Excel V+ laser uses a high power green laser to accurately target blood vessels and pigment with abnormalities. This restores the skin to more natural colour and tone. Amongst many other things, the Excel V+ can treat face veins, age spots, and scars which can all cause confidence problems or self-consciousness and can seriously affect a person’s esteem but are very easy to improve using laser technology.
Unlike some other laser treatments, there is no anaesthesia required during this procedure, because Excel V+ features an innovative automatic cooling technology. This produces continuous cooling throughout your treatment, which provides the ultimate experience of patient comfort.
Excel V+ laser at PHI Clinic
All skin types can benefit from treatment from the Excel V+ laser. To find out if the Excel V+ is the right treatment for you, you can book a no-obligation consultation with one of our highly trained clinicians at PHI Clinic today by calling 02070345999, and find out more via firstname.lastname@example.org.